Stojković Attorneys help clients deal with the legal and tax aspects of transport activities in every business segment.
We provide personalised services in accordance with special regulations related to the transport of passengers and goods in order to meet the needs of clients in relation to:
- Drafting contracts for the engagement and employment of traffic personnel;
- Drafting tailor made Rules of Procedure and other acts governing work duties, discipline and sanctions;
- Drafting the Rulebook on Systematisation and Organisation;
- Advising on the procedure of the termination of employment contracts and preparation of documentation following termination;
- Advising on all labour issues related to traffic personnel;
- Acting and representing in litigation in relation to lawsuits for unlawful dismissal, payments of overtime compensation and work during the holidays, compensations of damage due to injury at work, etc.
Compensation and collection:
- Advising on the compensation of material and non-material damage suffered by passengers;
- Facilitating mediation to reach settlement of the dispute over compensation;
- Representing in litigation for compensation of material and non-material damage suffered by passengers;
- Representing in court proceedings for the compensation of the damage incurred by the transporter;
- Collection of claims that the transporter has towards debtors, whether public institutions or companies.
- Compliance due diligence of current state of business and operations;
- Advising on business operations in accordance with regulations and prevention of violations of any rule;
- Representing in misdemeanor proceedings before the Misdemeanor Court and other state bodies.
- Advising on participation in public procurement procedures;
- Preparation and provision of documentation necessary for participation in public procurement.
Transport regulation in Serbia
Transportation in Serbia is regulated by a variety of laws and regulations at both the national and international levels.
At the national level, the primary legislation governing transportation includes the Law on Transport of Goods in Road Traffic, the Law on Inland Waterway Navigation, the Law on Air Transport, and the Law on Rail Transport. These laws cover different aspects of transportation, such as safety, licensing, liability, and insurance requirements.
Serbia is also a signatory to several international agreements that regulate transportation, including the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR), the Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail (COTIF), and the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Chicago Convention). These agreements establish rules and procedures for cross-border transportation and help ensure the safety and efficiency of transportation services.
The regulatory framework for transportation in Serbia is overseen by several government agencies, including the Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure, the Serbian Civil Aviation Directorate, and the Serbian Railways. These agencies are responsible for enforcing transport regulations, issuing licenses and permits, and conducting safety inspections and audits to ensure compliance with regulations.
What Kind of Transport Disputes May Occur in Serbia
There are several types of transport disputes that can arise in Serbia. Some common examples include:
- Cargo claims: These disputes arise when there is damage, loss, or theft of cargo during transport. Cargo claims can involve disputes between shippers, carriers, freight forwarders, and other parties involved in the transport of goods.
- Personal injury claims: Transport accidents can result in personal injury claims, which can involve disputes over liability, damages, and insurance coverage.
- Breach of contract disputes: Disputes can arise when one party fails to fulfill its obligations under a transportation contract, such as a carrier failing to deliver goods on time or a shipper failing to pay for services rendered.
- Environmental disputes: Transport activities can have an impact on the environment, and disputes can arise over issues such as pollution, waste disposal, and compliance with environmental regulations.
- Employment disputes: Transport companies may be involved in disputes with their employees over issues such as wages, working conditions, and discrimination.
- Regulatory disputes: Transport companies may be subject to regulatory investigations or enforcement actions, which can result in disputes over compliance with regulations, licensing, and other legal requirements.
Transport disputes can be complex and require specialized legal expertise. Transport lawyers can help clients navigate these disputes and protect their legal interests, whether through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation.
How We Can Help You
Our transport lawyers can assist you with a wide range of legal issues related to transportation, including:
- Drafting and reviewing transportation contracts: Transport lawyers can help clients negotiate and draft transportation agreements, including shipping contracts, logistics agreements, and carrier contracts. They can also review existing contracts and advise clients on their rights and obligations.
- Regulatory compliance: Transport lawyers can advise clients on regulatory compliance issues, such as licensing and registration requirements, safety regulations, and environmental laws.
- Dispute resolution: Transport lawyers can represent clients in disputes related to transportation, such as cargo claims, personal injury claims, and breach of contract disputes. They can also help clients navigate alternative dispute resolution processes, such as mediation and arbitration.
- Insurance: Transport lawyers can assist clients in obtaining appropriate insurance coverage and managing claims related to transportation accidents or losses.
- Risk management: Transport lawyers can help clients assess and manage risks associated with transportation, including supply chain disruptions, security threats, and regulatory compliance issues.
Overall, transport lawyers can help clients navigate the complex legal landscape of transportation and protect their legal interests in this highly regulated and rapidly evolving industry.
For more information on this or any other legal, tax, or business topic, feel free to write to us at [email protected] at any time or call us at phone number +381113281914 every working day from 08:30 to 16:30.