Join the AK STATT Team Today!
If You Are Brave Enough To Make Your Own Decisions And Take Charge Of Your Own Destiny, Then This Job Might Be For You.
This Opportunity Is For People Who Want To Leave Their Mark On The World And Aren’t Afraid To Meet New People, Broaden Their Horizons, And Do Something Important And Meaningful With Their Lives.
If You Have Five Full Years Of Professional Legal Experience, And You Are Qualified To Practice As A Lawyer In Serbia With Significant Post Qualification Experience, Then This Position Might Be Tailored To Perfection For You.
Our lawyers need to ensure that AK STATT’s clients receive high-quality, targeted legal advice on the full range of public and regulatory law issues, including certain areas of private law. The work involves supporting our clients in a range of business activities including commercial and contract work and compliance. The work is varied and complex, the pace is fast and our lawyers need to be resilient and agile. AK STATT has an ongoing portfolio of litigation matters and our lawyers need to be flexible in managing a mixed caseload of contentious and non-contentious matters. The Lawyer will provide high-quality, targeted, and accessible legal advice across a range of practice areas and will work as a valued business partner with colleagues across AK STATT in order to secure and deliver effective solutions to legal issues. The Lawyer will need to be highly experienced and technically proficient in their areas of legal specialism.
So, you will be expected to work with a high degree of autonomy on complex legal matters. You will generally lead and manage your own portfolio of matters but you will also work collegiately with other lawyers on larger legal projects and cases, particularly those which require input from multiple legal specialisms. You will also supervise the work of junior lawyers, legal advisors, associates, and trainees. You will be expected to provide legal advice that is placed within the wider strategic context and as such will be expected to develop and maintain a broad knowledge of AK STATT’s legal and business areas, to develop strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels across the business and to be able to be both influential and persuasive in securing high levels of legal compliance whilst supporting the effective delivery of AK STATT’s services to our clients.
Specifically, Your Key Responsibilities Would Be To:
- Use high-level legal competencies to develop and implement innovative solutions to legal problems;
- Maintain a high degree of technical competency in one or more of the legal specialisms needed by AK STATT’s clients;
- Proactively identify legal issues at the earliest opportunity and develop and implement strategies to address them;
- Use a range of persuasion and influencing skills to secure strategic outcomes that are compliant with the law;
- Help to support and train AK STATT’s staff to enable them to understand the legal context for AK STATT’s client work, raise awareness of legal issues, develop AK STATT staff’s legal acumen and support and enable staff to make the best use of legal advice;
- Commission and manage the provision of legal advice to AK STATT’s clients, ensuring that all stakeholders are provided with all necessary information to enable them to make decisions and take steps that are accurate, targeted, and which represent the best value for money;
- Communicate legal advice to AK STATT’s clients and colleagues in a way that maximizes their ability to understand and apply it appropriately;
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the practice and procedures of the AK STATT’s team;
- Support the development and delivery of a coherent approach to meeting AK STATT’s legal resource requirements alongside the wider legal team.
Some of AK STATT values that you must have and uphold are:
- Leading by example as a role model for AK STATT’s values and professional standards.
- Holding other AK STATT colleagues accountable for their responsibilities and duties;
- Managing individuals or teams through line management and/or matrix management arrangements as required, ensuring performance is managed and adequate resourcing is planned to meet objectives.
- Taking a proactive approach to risk management for AK STATT and our clients, ensuring risks and issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
- Driving the delivery of business and corporate plans for your own areas of responsibility.
- Driving continuous improvement within your own areas of responsibility.
- Managing delegated resources (e.g. budgets, equipment and contracts) as appropriate, to ensure value for money.
- Being fully aware of and actively complying with AK STATT and its clients’ policies and procedures relevant to your own responsibilities including health and safety and data protection.
- Performing any other reasonable duties as directed by AK STATT’s line management.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. It will be reviewed and updated in accordance with AK STATT business needs and objectives.
Your Personal & Legal Professional Skills must / should meet the following criteria:
Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
|Your work is always impeccable, and you produce it on time with no errors or misstatements of law or facts|
|You are able to debate and challenge ideas without hard feelings. You are ready to give and willing to accept constructive feedback|
|You use your creativity and ample resources to ensure our clients get what they are entitled to & you are dedicated to winning cases and solving problems or at least turning our clients’ problems into opportunities|
|You are fit to make our clients feel better and valued, by treating each and every client fair and with the utmost respect|
|You are honest, easygoing, dynamic, and proactive & when you tell us something, it’s 100% accurate, and you’ll live up to your promises|
|You have experience working in-house, ideally in a multinational corporation or commercial judiciary, with additional private practice experience in law, tax and another related field|
|You have experience in working with colleagues at all levels|
|You have a sound understanding of private, public, and regulatory law||D|
|You have an excellent understanding of one or more of the other key areas of law relevant to the practice (commercial, contract, information or employment law)|
|You have effective use of analytical and innovative thinking and application, specifically (but not exclusively) in relation to the interpretation of the law||E|
|You have a high level of literacy, presentation, and verbal communication skills and you are able to express yourself clearly and simply in both English and Serbian languages||E|
|You have an ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information||E|
|You are able to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary, project environment||E|
|You are able to respond to competing priorities from a wide range of contacts/organizations||E|
|You have an ability to identify key issues within complex problems/cases and ensure effective use of time and resources||E|
|You are able to manage a varied and complex caseload||E|
You are invited to evidence of the essential criteria in your application/cover letter, and if successful, especially at the interview. Additionally, you may also be required to complete tests, exercises, scenarios, and/or psychometric testing. We would, nevertheless, like to receive, along with your professional resume, your written personal story/background and specific reasons for applying to this job post. By doing this, you will demonstrate that you read and understood this invitation carefully and correctly, which automatically qualifies you for the interview. This will also tell us that you are among 1% of people who keep going and finish what they start, no matter what comes up.
Last but not least, if you see yourself in a friendly environment that inspires a passion for making your and other people’s lives and businesses better, and especially if you prefer autonomy at work with an opportunity to make a lasting impact on the market and in the world, feel free to apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] along with stating your specific interests and earning expectations, and with subject of the e mail: Application for LAWYER Position at AK STATT.
Anticipated start date: from 01 to 15 November 2023
Application deadline: 15 October 2022
We thank very much all applicants in advance, and we sincerely welcome even applications from colleagues who applied to some our job posts earlier, providing they match the above criteria.
However, please appreciate that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.