Join Our Growing Team at AK STATT!
If You Want To Meet New People, Open New Horizons & Achieve Something Important & Meaningful In Your Life By Completing A Recognized Training In Order To Successfully Qualify As A Lawyer, Then Read On As This Position Might Be Just Tailored To Perfection For You.
Your tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of case files and registration requests/applications, under supervision;
- Providing appropriate legal advice to clients, under supervision;
- Drafting legal documentation, under supervision;
- Assisting lawyers by preparing cases, requests, motions, applications and other documents;
- Liaising with clients as and when required;
- Court and Other Processes Attendance – shadowing lawyers at court and before other authorities, to gain experience through observation, and individually by doing;
- Maintaining records & trainee diary of all work and trainings completed;
- Arranging (with HR) and attending professional skills courses and other internal & external training, to ensure AK STATT’s training requirements are met;
- Attending meetings with clients, under supervision;
- Legal Research – researching various aspects of the law at the request of your supervisor/other lawyers;
- Writing Legal Articles and Reviews on various legal matters;
- Any other duties deemed appropriate for a trainee at AK STATT.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. It will be reviewed and updated in accordance with AK STATT business needs and objectives.
Your Personal & Legal Professional Skills must / should meet the following criteria:
CRITERIA / Essential (E) or Desirable (D)
- You take care and it is important to you that your work is always impeccable, and you produce it on time with no errors or misstatements of law or facts / E
- You are able to debate and challenge ideas without hard feelings. You are ready to give and willing to accept constructive feedback / E
- You intend to use your creativity and ample resources to ensure our clients get what they are entitled to & you have a strong desire to profile yourself as a lawyer who is known for winning cases and solving problems, or at least turning our clients’ problems into opportunities / E
- You can’t wait to make your colleagues & our clients feel better and valued, by treating each and every one fair and with utmost respect / E
- You are honest, easy going, dynamic and proactive & when you tell us something, it’s 100% accurate, and you always live up to your promises / E
- You have a sound understanding of all areas of law that you studied at the college / D
- You have a desire to excel in one or more of the other key areas of law relevant to the practice (commercial, contract, information or employment law) / D
- You have a high level of literacy, presentation, and verbal communication skills and you are able to express yourself clearly and simply in both English and Serbian languages / E
- You have an ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information / D
- You would like to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary, project environment / D
- You are able to respond to competing priorities from a wide range of arrangements / D
- You have an ability to identify key issues within complex problems/cases and ensure effective use of time and resources / D
You are invited to evidence of the essential criteria in your application/cover letter, and if successful, especially at the interview. Additionally, you may also be required to complete tests, exercises, scenarios and/or psychometric testing.
Last but not least, if you see yourself in a friendly environment that inspires a passion for practicing law, and you are an open minded and honest person with integrity and high professional standards, as well as with genuine desire, motivation and energy to make the personal progress and contribute to the organizational growth, feel free to apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] along with stating your specific interests and even earning expectations, and with subject of the e mail: Application for LEGAL TRAINEE Position at AK STATT.
Anticipated start date: from 01 to 15 November 2023
Application deadline: 15 October 2023